Delicious Stuffed Peppers with Goat Cheese, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Ground Beef and Olives
Here is one of my favorite recipes by far and a very economical one too!
For apx. 15 stuffed peppers / or 30 halves you will need:
- 500 grams of ground beef 17% fat
- 200 grams of basmati rice
- 15 pepper fruits in different colors
- a handful of black olives pitted
- a handful of green olives pitted
- Half of a bottle of sun dried tomatoes cut in small pieces
- 2 big onions
- 100 grams of Goat Cheese
- Olive oil for frying
- Spice mix: 1/5 Herbs de Provence mixed with some Basil, Coriander, Peppermint, Chilli flakes, Salt, Pepper, BBQ mix, Paprika, Cinnamon
Cook the basmati rice with the ratio of 1,5 to water. Put aside to cool off. Fry the meat in some olive oil, add spices, then add rice to the mixture. Chop the onions in small cubes, then the olives, and goat cheese. Mix with sun dried tomatoes in a big pot. Add the rice/meat mixture to the pot and mix thoroughly.
Slice the pepper fruits in halves, take out the seeds, but do not cut out the stalk: this will prevent the water from sipping inside when they will be cooking in the oven. Boil the halves in a pot for 2-3 minutes. Take them out, drip off the water, and put them into a casserole. Stuff in the filling and pour boiling water on the bottom of the casserole, without letting to sip into the peppers. Put into the oven, which is preheated to 180 degrees Celsius, and let them cook for around 40 minutes.